Coupons are a wonderful thing for saving money! Each store has a different policy on coupons and it can be hard to keep them straight. Knowing the policy can help you save even more!
Here are links to the coupon policies at some of the most popular stores and a few of tips:
- Walgreens Coupon Policy
- Rite Aid Coupon Policy
- Target Coupon Policy
- Walmart Coupon Policy
- Family Dollar Coupon Policy
The following stores do not list coupon policies online. You can find their policy in store: CVS, JCPenney, Kmart, ToysRUs, and Kohl’s.
Here are some tips:
- You can stack a store coupon and a manufactures coupon at most stores. For example: Target runs a Milk Sale for $3.00 + Target Coupon for $1.00 Off + Manufacture Coupon for $1.00 = $1.00 Total
- If stores offer coupon booklets, like the Walgreens Monthly Coupon Booklet, pick up a couple and match up coupons with manufacture coupons and sales to get the most savings.
- For coupons that don’t exclude trial sizes, check the travel bins. You will find lots of great freebies or cheapies in that area.
- Keep an eye on clearance. Coupons can be used on clearance items and that can score you some sweet savings on lots of different items.
- If a store is running an item on a BOGO Free sale, you can use a BOGO Free coupon to get both items for free! I always get free Right Guard Deodarent at Walgreens when they run their BOGO Free sale!
I also have some helpful information thanks to Consumer Queen! Some of you may have heard that due to the TLC “Couponing Extreme” Show that Catalina was going to stop producing coupons. (Catalina is the maker of the machines you see at cash registers that spit out coupons after your transaction.) This is in fact NOT TRUE. Here is a statement that Catalina released to Consumer Queen:
“Catalina Marketing Corporation’s manufacturer programs are continuing to be distributed in retail partner stores and printers as they have always been. Shoppers will continue to find ‘Catalinas’ at their favorite retailers.”
Keep in mind that coupons are a generous offer brands choose to offer and at anytime they can scale back what they distribute. Smart couponing can help keep this from happening. Hopefully the tips we are sharing are helping you do to do that so we can all continue to see many years of many savings in the future.